We Value Your Privacy
Personal and Non-Personal Information Collected
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual. We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you register to become a GiveGab user (“User”): name, e-mail and a password.
- When you build your profile: optional information such as your skills, interests, friends, general location, and photo. If you choose have your profile remain public, information is made viewable to local nonprofit groups and other users who are seeking people interested in helping and making a difference in your local communities.
- When you volunteer time: number of hours volunteered, what nonprofits and volunteer communities you belong to, and what volunteering events you are attending.
- When you donate to an organization: the donation amount, whether you want it to remain anonymous to the public that you gave to that organization, email (if you aren't already a User), and credit card information for transactional purposes (see Security section below for more information). Additionally, some organizations may ask for your phone number, full address, whether the gift is in honor or memory of someone, whether this is your first time giving to an organization, and if you have a comment about the gift.
Non-personal information means information including, but not limited to, your browser type, the URL of previous web pages you visited, your operating system, and Internet protocol (IP) address. The non-personal information is not used by us to personally identify you and is not readily usable for that purpose. We may use analytic and reporting technologies to record non-personal information to assist you during support interactions or to gain knowledge and best develop our product to meet our customers needs.
Uses of Personal Information
We use information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users.
- Administer your account and customize the service we provide to you and other Users.
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the GiveGab website.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling nonprofits and other users to find you on GiveGab
Your Information Choices
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our website
- Tell us to close your GiveGab account via info@GiveGab.com
- Opt out of email messaging using the "opt out" option in the footer
We adhere to the following marketing outreach compliance protocols:
- TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act)
- CAN-SPAM (Canada Anti-Spam Law)
- FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act)
Your Obligations to Other Users
- Many of our users are schools, colleges, and universities (hereinafter “Schools”) that are subject to privacy requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). GiveGab is committed to assuring these organizations remain in compliance with FERPA by agreeing to not disclose any information posted on our site by Schools without the consent of the student. We limit the amount of information we receive from Schools to First Name, Last Name, and email address. Additionally, we record the affiliation with that School in GiveGab such that the user is a “member” of that volunteer community. None of this information can be seen by any other user outside of that School’s listed members, until the student logs-on the site and registers. At such time, the student’s basic information as noted above, will be available to all other GiveGab users. The student at any time can contact their School’s administrator and ask to have their privacy set to “Hidden” which will prevent that information from showing to all users on GiveGab.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are "eligible students."
Children and Privacy
The GiveGab Service is not intended for users under the age of thirteen (13). By signifying your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or making any use of the GiveGab Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age.
Cookies of Third-Party Providers
- Facebook pixels: Using GiveGab may involve data collection via the implementation of Facebook pixels. If you'd like to opt out of having your data collected by Facebook pixel, you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
- Facebook guarantees compliance with GDPR through their Privacy Shield Agreement certification: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active
- Credit card and/or bank account information collected is purely for transactional purposes and is stored securely within a fully PCI compliant third-party provider in a fully encrypted manner. No access to this information is available to the GiveGab team. We can only see that we have charged your card or bank account and that you are a customer of ours.
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology best practices. Since no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to GiveGab. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access (such as through hacking) or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
How to Contact Us
For questions or comments please send them to info@GiveGab.com or contact us at:
401 E. State St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
We are committed to making your time on GiveGab fun and socially interactive while respecting your privacy. We are excited to continue building on our growing base of active volunteers and nonprofit professionals, and we look forward to your feedback and suggestions leading us toward the best combination of open exchange and personal privacy.
Last updated: 03/10/2020