Vermont Celebrated Second Annual Giving Day, Vermont Gives 2017
On June 7 and 8, 2017, nonprofits from throughout the state of Vermont participated in their second annual Giving Day, Vermont Gives 2017.
“Vermont Gives Day is designed to raise awareness about how essential nonprofits are to our quality of life. VT Gives is a 24-hour online challenge to support our local nonprofits and to amplify the generosity of Vermont citizens.”
This year’s 24-hour giving event started at 6 pm on June 7 and ended at 6 pm on June 8.
Giving Day Results
In 24 hours, 170 nonprofit organizations raised over $100k from 1,122 donors.
Vermont Gives Prizes
Prizes were awarded throughout the duration of the giving event to nonprofits who met specific challenges. These included the following:
- Eager Beaver: For the most money raised online before the Giving Day began
- Early Bird: For the nonprofit who received the very first online donation
- Maple Tickets: For one randomly selected nonprofit (that received a donation) chosen every 6 hours
- Last Donation of the Day: For the nonprofit who received the very last donation of the day
- Most Donors Overall
- From a Donor Far, Far Away: For having an online donor from the further geographic location from Vermont
- Underdog Ticket: For one randomly selected organization from a group of “underdog” nonprofits
- SURPRISE Cash Prize: A Surprise cash prize for one randomly selected underdog organization
- 1-Hour Leadership Coaching Session with Susan M. Palmer: For a random winner
- Event Registration to one Common Good Vermont Workshop: For a random winner
- Nonprofit Summer Camp Ticket: For a random winner
Vermont Gives Leaderboards
During Vermont Gives, nonprofits and their participants could see how organizations were doing in real-time on the Vermont Gives Leaderboards.
Ranking number one on the Vermont Gives Leaderboards for having the Most Raised was Marble House Project, with $8,763 in donations!
Along with using compelling photos to help tell their story, Marble House Project also had donation levels to help donors know how much to spend.
Topping the Vermont Gives Leaderboards for having the Most Donors in 24 hours was Burlington City Arts with 109 supporters!
Congratulations to these organizations and to every Vermont nonprofit who participated in this awesome giving event!
As the official Giving Day partner for the second year for Vermont Gives, we’re happy to see them surpass their goals and can’t wait to see how they do next year. ?