Monthly GiveGab Product Updates – June 2020 Edition
The GiveGab team dedicates time every month to create impactful and robust additions to the GiveGab Fundraising Suite that can be found in our monthly product updates.
Let’s dive into some of the most notable updates made to our platform in June.
Giving Days are 24-hour (or longer!) digital fundraising challenges where organizations, schools, and hospital foundations can rally their supporters together to raise funds for different initiatives.
New Feature: Giving Day Landing Page Builder
We are ecstatic to announce the release of a highly anticipated new feature, our Landing Page Builder. Located in the Giving Day Partner Dashboard, our partners will now see an additional tab labeled “Landing Page.” Within that tab, our partners now have the creative power to build their Giving Day site from the ground up and make edits on the fly.
Through the Landing Page Builder, you can control the layout of your Giving Day page by selecting various sections of the site that you would like to appear and the order of their placement. This will allow you to highlight different components of your Giving Day by having them show higher on the page or to move things lower that do not need immediate attention.
Sections of the Giving Day site include but are not limited to: Leaderboards, Recent Donations, Sponsors, Videos, Registration Link, and Tagboard.
Being able to determine where on the site these sections go – or if they will appear at all – allows you to create a unique Giving Day experience that fits your branding and works in conjunction with your overall goals and efforts around the day.
For example, if your Giving Day’s focus is to highlight the number of donors that give, it would make sense for your site to have the ‘Recent Donations’ section appear further up on the site to catch the attention of those visiting the page.
Before we introduced the Landing Page Builder, any changes to the layout of your Giving Day site had to be done by your Project Manager and the product team. This would cause a delay from the time of your request until it was reflected on the site. With the Landing Page Builder, we are putting more of the control in your hands to make edits and changes to the layout and content of the site when it’s most convenient for your organization! And of course, your dedicated Project Manager will still be there to guide you every step of the way!
How the Landing Page Builder Works:
- With modular design in place, you can select from a drop-down list of sections that you would like to appear on your Giving Day site
- Once you select a section, you can move it up or down on the page to match your ideal layout
- You can preview your page layout before saving and publishing your changes to the site
- Edits to the layout can be made for each specific phase of your Giving Day as it applies to your organization. Meaning, your site can have a unique look as it transitions from Registration, Giving, Success, etc.
Giving Day partners should be on the lookout for a more detailed explanation of our new Landing Page Builder coming to you soon! If you have any questions at this time on how to use this exciting feature, please reach out directly to your Project Manager.
Updates to the Giving Day Platform this Month Include:
- Instructional Text Update: Added copy to encourage users seeking administrative access to an organization they are registering for a Giving Day to reach out to our customer success team if the current administrators are no longer with the organization. This will reduce the amount of time a user will wait before they are contacted by our customer success team for their admin request
- Donation Flow Update: The “Tip the Host” feature on the donation form for Giving Days now pulls in the logo of the organization receiving the additional funds to be displayed next to the donation level amounts. Previously the Giving Day logo would populate. This will help to educate donors and supporters of the Giving Day to see the organization that their tip will go towards.
Platform-wide updates refer to any changes made that apply to Community Giving, Giving Day, Crowdfunding, and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising functionality. These updates ensure that our platform remains robust and unified to create a seamless experience for all using GiveGab.
Platform-Wide Updates this Month Include:
- Reconciliation Improvement: Administrators will now see the ‘Stripe Payout ID” next to each donation within their back end dashboard for a more streamlined reconciliation experience
- Instructional Text Update: Text on the bank account submission page will now include instructions for admin to enter their organization name exactly as listed with the IRS, and state org rep address must be their personal address
- Verification Improvements: Group verification and lapsing organization processes are now based on tax-exempt status
Enterprise Embeddable Forms
The Enterprise Platform allows organizations to create a completely custom and embeddable donation, registration, and RFI (Requests For Information) forms integrated into their website.
At a nonprofit or school where an admin most likely wears different hats, efficiency is key. This is what drives us to look for ways to constantly improve upon our Enterprise dashboard to make it easier for you to manage your organization’s reports.
When you view your reports on Enterprise you will now see a new column titled “TYPE” with a letter assigned to each row. This was added to your reports for a fast and easy way to identify the type of report that was created. Previously when wanting to see what the report type is, you would need to open the report and edit it.
The three types of Enterprise Reports are defined as:
- T = Financial Transactions
- A = Form Answers
- S = Payment Schedules
With our letter-coded system displayed under your reports, you can quickly understand the type of reports that have been generated and available to you!
Updates to the Enterprise Platform this Month Include:
- Form Configuration Update: Users will no longer see a field for ‘Donation Level Description’ input when the ‘Donation’ question format is “Dropdown Menu” since the description information will not be displayed on the form
- Display Enhancements: We have expanded on and added clarification around our ‘Response Tags’ list allowing users to better display complex elements with our newly available tags
- Library Update: Users can now set “Auto Data Capture” rules will apply to all “Form Presets” in their ‘Library’
- Search Improvements: Administrators now have the ability to search for specific widgets by their names (Form Chooser, Team Status, etc.)
GiveGab’s Community Giving Platform allows your organization to engage with and support your entire community through year-round giving on a customized site.
A “Submit for Approval” button has been added to the Community Giving dashboard for an organization when their participating status is ‘Approved’ or ‘undergoing re-verification’. Previously organizations would only see this button if they were in the stages of becoming approved by the partners.
Be the philanthropic leader for your community by providing a centralized website that serves as a verified nonprofit directory for year-round awareness, engagement, and giving with Philanthropy Hub.
Significant improvements have been made to our ‘990 Importer’ within our partner dashboards including imports based on fiscal end year. We have also refactored the tax information table for the organization allowing for a more efficient user experience. Our ‘990 Importer’ allows our Philanthropy Hub partners to upload tax information into their organization’s profile that is automatically pulled from their IRS 990.
Updates to our GiveGab Product Offerings
During this critical time, GiveGab wants to provide you access to modern and easy-to-use digital fundraising tools at no cost! We value the support you bring to communities across the country, and our team of fundraising experts are here to help you! Here is what we are offering:
GiveGab is waiving the subscription fee for our Community Giving platform for Foundations through December 31, 2020, supporting COVID-19 relief initiatives. This robust fundraising solution allows your nonprofit members to fundraise year-round through campaigns, events, and initiatives on a centralized and secure community-based website hosted and customized by your foundation!
*Valued at $8,500+ per year, the 4% platform fee on donations not covered by donors will still apply.
Keep up to date with future product updates and all things fundraising by subscribing to our blog!