Lightning Fast Donor Search
The GiveGab team dedicates time each month to respond to our customer’s feedback and create impactful, robust additions to the GiveGab Fundraising Suite.
We invite you to check out the updates from August 2021.
Giving Days are online fundraising challenges (24 hours or longer) that bring communities and campuses together to raise awareness and funds for different initiatives.
New, Lightning Fast Searches
At GiveGab, we know the importance of making giving as easy as possible! This is why we are rolling out our new, lightning-fast search feature. Powered by Algolia, a third-party service used by leaders in every industry, the search integration will produce precise results for your Giving Day donors in milliseconds.
The new Giving Day search algorithm automatically anticipates donor’s results and populates organizations and groups as soon as they begin typing in the search bar. Additionally, the search will yield results even when something is slightly misspelled. This means donors will get quick, relevant results every time – no matter the organization, group, cause, area, or department they are trying to find! With such an accurate search experience, more donors will be able to quickly and easily support their all favorite causes.
Additional search functionality to make the giving experience even better is slated to continue. We look forward to sharing even more search improvements in the coming months – stay tuned!
Donation Forms empower you to create completely custom and embeddable forms for collecting donations, registrations, and RFIs (Requests For Information) integrated into your website.
Advancing Administrative Controls
Recurring donations help sustain organizations and allow them to better propose long-term budget plans. We know how important it is to make sure each transaction is processed quickly and efficiently. Our team at GiveGab has added additional improvements to the Donor Self Service Widget to help improve donor communication and make sure gifts are continuously processed over time.
Within the Donation Forms platform, under “Organization,” you can now navigate to the new “Email Settings” section to customize content which can automatically be sent to your recurring donors when: a donor’s credit card is about to expire, there is an issue charging the credit card on file, and/or when an existing donor comes across the Donor Self Service Widget on their own. These new customizable fields will help provide clear next steps for your donors so they can edit their recurring payment information, and so you can continue to have confidence that all gifts will come through on time.
- Following our accessibility updates for Giving Day sites, we are now introducing improved accessibility for the Giving Day registration flow to help increase readability with standard font sizes and colors, new form labels, and organized fieldsets.
- Making ‘Advanced Giving’ easier to track, additional items were added to the datafeed to identify if a donation is an “Advanced Gift,” the gift’s expected post date, and a marking to identify the successful process of the gift.
- The datafeed will also now include ‘Billing Address Line 2,’ even when the field is left blank, which ensures consistent back-end data collection – making CRM integration a breeze.
P2P Fundraising Suite
- Newly formatted nonprofit pages now feature re-styled buttons and formatted sections to better highlight active fundraising campaigns and volunteer opportunities.
- To save users more time than ever, we launched a red alert indicator to call attention to required profile submission form fields that are not yet populated.
GiveGab platform updates and enhancements will be announced monthly and made available on the GiveGab blog.