Our mission is to help nonprofit fundraising professionals to be great at their jobs. We take user accessibility seriously and have developed a number of processes to comply with standards.
Accessibility of GiveGab's Giving Day Platform
To ensure the GiveGab Giving Day platform is accessible, we aim to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
GiveGab is constantly updating its platform with enhanced functionality and innovative features; therefore, we perform accessibility audits quarterly to understand how we comply. We leverage specialized tools such as WAVE and PopeTech to help us perform these audits. Any items discovered are logged and added to the product development backlog to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
Here are some of the features that make the GiveGab Giving Day platform accessible:
- Screen reader support: the Giving Day platform is accessible via screen readers; we have Aria labels and Alt tags across the platform. Additionally we support a proper header syntax and hierarchy to help with accessibility.
- Keyboard navigation: Every component of the donation flow from start to finish as well as GG Chat and the help center can be accessed using a keyboard without requiring a mouse or trackpad. Most pages also support full keyboard navigation. We aim to constantly address and improve this.
- Color contrast: all text in GG Chat help centers is clearly visible when using colors with enough contrast.
We also work with the Giving Day partners who use our platform, to ensure that content they are adding follows accessibility standards, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate color contrast for key content and text on main navigational pages
- Ensuring third-party content added, such as videos, have appropriate content labels and captions
- Helping them publish an accessibility statement on their site that aligns with our platform’s statement
- Working with them to scope out specific custom work, in order to help with accessibility standards that they may desire
- Working with them to help coach their site users, who add content, to be cognizant of potential issues derived from that content they may post
If you have any further questions or feedback, please connect with us through the GG Chat support bubble.