Monthly GiveGab Product Updates – April 2020 Edition
The GiveGab product team dedicates time every month to create impactful and robust additions to the GiveGab Fundraising Suite.
Let’s dive into some of the most notable updates made to our platform in April.
Platform-wide updates refer to any changes made that apply to Community Giving, Giving Day, Crowdfunding, and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising functionality. These updates ensure that our platform remains robust and unified to create a seamless experience for all using GiveGab.
Within their toolkits, Peer-to-Peer fundraisers will now be able to see the names of donors who gave through them but wished to remain anonymous to the public. If a donor made a gift to a fundraiser but wished to be anonymous to the organization, a fundraiser will still not be able to see that donor’s information. We encourage Peer-to-Peer fundraisers to send personal thank you messages to their donors directly through their toolkit. With more transparent access to their donors, they are better able to steward them.
When organizations are working through our verification process, their backend verification page will now display a message when account information is rejected including a specific explanation that caused this verification rejection from our payment processor, Stripe. When an organization signs up to fundraise on GiveGab or through a Giving Day they must undergo a verification process to ensure they are a 501c3 organization in good standing. You can read more about this process here.
Many of our Enterprise clients participate in their local Giving Days meaning that at times they are simultaneously collecting donations through our two platforms. For organizations that fit these criteria, an Enterprise transaction code will now show within their donation reports. This will allow the organizations and our support team more effectively to reconcile any donations in question to quickly determine the platform in which the gifts were made.
In an effort to keep an extremely efficient contingency plan, we can now use Enterprise forms within the GiveGab platform a failsafe in the event of an extended outage from our payment processor, Stripe.
Giving Days are 24-hour (or longer!) online fundraising challenges where organizations and schools come together to raise funds for different initiatives.
Updates to the Giving Day Platform this Month Include:
- Within the Giving Day partner’s back-end dashboard, the “Single Gift Offline Uploader” will now display all support area campaigns for an organization or school, not just twenty-five. This will allow our partners to quickly and more easily disperse offline donations to the correct support areas.
- The story section within a Peer to Peer Fundraiser’s profile will now match the styling of the story sections of the organization or school the fundraiser was created for.
- Location-based searches for organizations participating in a Giving Day should pull back accurate results when a state isn’t specified.
- Additional security enhancements have been made to Giving Day donation forms
GiveGab’s Community Giving Platform allows your organization to engage with and support your entire community through year-round giving on a customized site.
Through the Community Giving Platform, our partners have the ability to approve participating organization’s individual profiles This gives our partners the tools to ensure that correct and complete information is available on profiles before they are published and accessible on the partner’s centralized site.
When a participating organization is ready for a Partner to approve their profile they will submit for approval and the partner will be alerted in their back-end dashboard. New this month, partners will be able to see the “last submitted date” for all their organizations. This will allow them to better manage this process and ensure that profiles are being reviewed on a timely basis.
Enterprise Embeddable Forms
The Enterprise Platform allows organizations to create a completely custom and embeddable donation, registration, and RFI (Requests For Information) forms integrated into their website.
Typos can be a common and sometimes unavoidable issue when a donor is completing a donation form that can cause their gift to be unsuccessful. To reduce the chance of donors entering incorrect checking account information for an ACH payment, we have added a character limit to the ‘Routing Number’ and ‘Account Number’ for payment fields. The donor will receive an error if there are more than 9 characters for their routing number significantly lowering the chance of making an error.
Additional Updates to the Enterprise Platform this Month Include:
- There are added configuration options that are based on an organization’s specific security policies now available.
- Unnecessary formatting from the “Advanced Email Template” was removed to improve mobile responsiveness and to better support custom Organization/Campaign Email Branding.
- Organizations now have the option to suppress the “Your Information” section of donation receipt emails when using Enterprise’s “Advanced Email Template.”
- The “Payment Schedules” report will now display “Billing First Name” and “Billing Last Name” fields as separate columns allowing more flexibility to the organization when the report is downloaded as a CSV.
- Donor Self Service widget snippet should accept credentials via parameter
Updates to our GiveGab Product Offerings
During this critical time, GiveGab wants to provide you access to modern and easy-to-use digital fundraising tools at no cost! We value the support you bring to communities across the country, and our team of fundraising experts are here to help you! Here is what we are offering:
GiveGab is waiving the subscription fee for our Community Giving platform for Foundations through December 31, 2020, supporting COVID-19 relief initiatives. This robust fundraising solution allows your nonprofit members to fundraise year-round through campaigns, events, and initiatives on a centralized and secure community-based website hosted and customized by your foundation!
*Valued at $8,500+ per year, the 4% platform fee on donations not covered by donors will still apply.
Keep up to date with future product updates and all things fundraising by subscribing to our blog!