Bee-hind the 26-Hour Live Stream for Missoula Gives 2020
Through an almost 26-hour live stream planned in under 6 weeks, Missoula Gives 2020 saw its most successful Giving Day yet. They experienced record-breaking engagement as 3,337 donors came together to raise $811,294 for their local nonprofits in a time where community support was needed more than ever.
Missoula Gives, hosted by the Missoula County Community Foundation, is one of the longest standing Giving Days in the nation. Having first run in 2013, Missoula Gives has become a highly anticipated event giving a unified voice to nonprofits operating in the Missoula community.
In this case study, Nikki Robb, Program Manager at The Missoula County Community Foundation, shared her team’s experience pivoting their 2020 Giving Day strategy to a 100% virtual campaign amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19 with a nearly 26-hour live stream event.
Topics Covered in This Case Study Include:
- What it means to be a philanthropic leader in your community during a crisis
- Steps needed to pivot your Giving Day strategy in times of uncertainty and increased need
- Getting your nonprofits and supporters involved for a community wide-event
- Working With GiveGab to host a live stream event seamlessly through your Giving Day site
- Why live streams lead to increased accessibility and engagement
- Tips, tricks, and takeaways for Giving Day partners thinking of going live!
“Having the live stream made our Giving Day more accessible. Because of this, we were able to get the Giving Day in front of new people, broadening our reach and helping us to garner more community engagement.” – Nikki Robb, Program Manager at The Missoula County Community Foundation
Read more about Missoula Gives 2020 and the nearly 26-hour live stream that attributed to record-breaking results for dollars raised by organizations operating in Missoula, Montana.