Streamlining Administrative Controls
The GiveGab team dedicates time each month to respond to our customer’s feedback and create impactful, robust additions to the GiveGab Fundraising Suite.
We invite you to check out the updates from July 2021.
Giving Days are online fundraising challenges (24 hours or longer) that bring communities and campuses together to raise awareness and funds for different initiatives.
Streamlining Reconciliation of Your Finances
GiveGab is committed to helping our partners run successful Giving Days, which means providing support before, during, and after your day. Leading up to your Giving Day, many multi-organization partners charge a registration fee for participating groups. With GiveGab’s new Financials tab on your dashboard, you will be able to track all registration payments and their payout status in one central location.
On your Giving Day, your Financials tab will allow you to track balances, including the total number of donations, fees, tips from our “Tip the Host” feature, and more! While administrators were previously able to access some of this information within their Analytics, this centralized Financials tab will allow admins to track everything in one easy-to-read format.
Post-Giving Day, there is a fair amount of reconciliation work needed to make sure all donations are paid out and to check on the status of any refunds. The new Financials tab allows Giving Day hosts to review individual payouts and refunds to help better service their own internal finances, participating groups, and donors. This tab will help each partner track and reconcile finances in a more succinct and efficient manner so there is more time to focus on supporting your communities and planning for the future.
Advancing Administrative Controls
Fueled by the feedback of our partners, we are excited to release three new advanced administrative controls to help make your Giving Day dashboard even easier to navigate and manage.
- Once donations start rolling in for your Giving Day, site administrators on non-centrally routed days can now directly edit donations on the partner dashboard, which will allow you to serve the needs of your donors more quickly.
- Search-ability is important for donors during a Giving Day, but it’s just as important for our partners to be able to navigate donor data and pull reports efficiently. We are excited to announce that under the Donations tab on your Partner Dashboard, you will now be able to search by group and organization name and export filtered lists.
- Many Giving Days offer giving through Donor Advised Funds (DAF) to engage more donors. You can now select a group of DAF donations to release during your Giving Day in one easy step by managing gifts under the Donations tab on your partner dashboard. With a faster way to release DAF gifts, your team will have even more time to focus on engaging new donors.
- Site administrators have the ability to allow groups to upload documents to their public Giving Day profiles. This provides a convenient place for donors to learn even more about these group’s diversity policies, financials, and more.
Philanthropy Hub & Community Giving
- Giving Days tied to Philanthropy Hub and Community Giving now have access to the newly designed profile layouts, which provides a more modern and engaging experience for donors.
GiveGab platform updates and enhancements will be announced monthly and made available on the GiveGab blog.