GiveGab Celebrates a Record-Breaking GivingTuesday 2019
GiveGab has been a proud participant of the GivingTuesday Movement since our platform first supported fundraising in 2015. In the short 5 years following, we have increased our mark on the day from $176,555 raised on our platform to an overwhelming $55 Million plus raised in 2019. That’s a 31,051.8% increase over the years!
“GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.” – GivingTuesday.org
We are overjoyed that we were able to support a record-breaking number of organizations and Giving Days fundraising through GiveGab this year. Every day we strive to live our mission of “creating more happy nonprofits” and with 4,021 organizations receiving donations on #GivingTuesday, we can be confident we are doing just that.
That’s not the only fundraising record our platform broke this year! Check out our other key statistics from the day.
Every year, the GiveGab team puts a lot of time and dedication into making sure our partners and customers feel they are prepared to take on this highly anticipated day of giving. By providing resources such as ebooks, downloadable content for social sharing, and webinars, we are showing our commitment to this movement and our participating organizations.
New this year, our GivingTuesday page displayed an interactive map of all campaigns and Giving Days that were powered by GiveGab on December 3, 2019. Leading up to the big day, our excitement grew as more and more orange dots were added to the map representing the overwhelming impact that was about to happen around the country.
Sixty-four of those orange dots represent each of the Giving Day sites that were powered by GiveGab this past #GivingTuesday. We were excited to have forty-eight of these Giving Days return to us and to have the privilege of welcoming sixteen Giving Days that were using GiveGab for the first time.
64 Giving Day sites, including:
- #GivingTuesdayDFW: Giving Day for Dallas, Fort Worth, and Denton, TX
- #iGiveCatholic: Giving Day for 39 Catholic ministries from across the U.S.
- Give Big Pittsburgh: Giving Day for nonprofits throughout Pittsburgh, PA
- #ILGive: Giving Day for Illinois with four participating county chapters
- #WeGiveCatholic: Giving Day for Catholic organizations in Northeast Ohio
- #BrooklynGives: Giving Day for nonprofits throughout Brooklyn, NY
- Give Big Hawai’i: Giving Day for nonprofits throughout Hawai’i
- Cattaraugus Gives: Giving Day for Cattaraugus County, NY
- #BigGiveKnox: Giving Day for nonprofits throughout Knoxville, TN
- MATCHDay: Giving Day for nonprofits throughout Western Kansas
- StriveTogether: Giving Day for nonprofits that serve children nationally
- CannaMakeADifferenceDay: Giving Day for the cannabis community
University Giving Day sites included:
- #BowOnPow: Giving Day for the University of Baltimore
- #CUNYTuesday: Giving Day for 26 colleges from the City University of New York
- #Giving2UCday: Giving Day for Ursinus College
As we watch this giving movement grow we can’t help but look towards GivingTuesday with high anticipation, and we hope you are doing the same. We are so thankful for all involved in making this our best GivingTuesday yet. None of this would be possible without the amazing efforts of our partners and customers. We can’t wait to see the amazing things that will happen this year as the $55 Million+ is put to work making the world a better place.
“I’m so thrilled to see the growth of the GivingTuesday movement each year and we’re honored to be such a major part of its impact. Giving Days, whether they happen on GivingTuesday or another day of the year, prove that philanthropy is very much alive.” – Charlie Mulligan, CEO and Co-Founder of GiveGab.