Connect with the official GiveGab and Giving Tuesday accounts on your social media channels:
Announce your participation in #GivingTuesday on your social media channels, asking supporters to save the date.
Use the pre-made promotional items that we've created to help you!
Post interesting information about your organization, promote your year-end fundraising campaign, and share previous success stories, mentioning #GivingTuesday.
Create a #GivingTuesday Facebook event for your organization. Invite your constituents so that they can invite others and stay up to date as the day gets closer.
Always use the official #GivingTuesday hashtag and mention @GiveGab in your posts!
More Giving Tuesday Social Media Tips
- Brand your social media channels for Giving Tuesday and spruce up social posts with images. You can download pre-made Giving Tuesday themed images for social media here!
- Plan your social media strategy and schedule posts early! Consider using a free post scheduling tool to plan posts ahead of time.
- Use social media not only to promote your own campaign, but also to educate potential donors on what the #GivingTuesday movement is all about. Why should they care? Why should they get involved?
- Designate someone from your team to be a Communications Guru, responsible for creating hype online. Download our e-Book to learn more about team roles for Giving Tuesday.
- Ask donors to tag you in an 'Unselfie' after they make a contribution. This unselfie toolkit can help them get started.
- Consider creating a social media contest for supporters to encourage even more sharing!
- Stay active on your social media channels throughout the whole day.
- Create a short and engaging video explaining why supporters should give to you this season and post it across your channels.
- After Giving Tuesday, design a printable Thank You image, like this one, or share a fun Thank You video!